Nothing beats a cold one on a hot day, that's why we tapped Richard Beauchamp, our head trainer, on the shoulder and asked him to share his skills. You may recognise him from previous recipe videos such asthis one.
Using Christmas Cracker filter blend, Richard has created recipes for all you AeroPress and Plunger brewers, using a brew ratio of 80g of coffee per 1L of water. You can scale things up or down depending on the size of your brew device or amount of coffee you're after. If you don't own a grinder at home, that's cool, just order plunger grind. Once brewed, your coffee will keep well in the fridge for 3-4 days, so plan ahead to ensure you've got a cold one in hand when the midday heat hits.
8 Cup Plunger Recipe
68g Christmas Cracker filter blend, plunger grind
850g cold water
- Add the ground coffee to the plunger.
- Pour in the cold water and ensure all of the grounds have been wet fully. Use a spoon and gently stir if necessary.
- Without plunging, position the mesh filter in place on top of the plunger.
- Place in the fridge and brew for 12 hours.
- When the coffee is brewed plunge and decant into another vessel. Serve over ice, with or without your choice of milk.
20g Christmas Cracker filter blend, plunger grind
250g cold water
- Using the "inverted" method, remove the filter cap and fit the rubber stopper to the brewing chamber (filter-side facing up).
- Add the ground coffee to the brewing chamber.
- Pour in the cold water, ensuring all of the grounds have been fully wet. Use a spoon and gently stir if necessary.
- Attach the filter cap and brew in the fridge for 12 hours.
- When the coffee is brewed, remove the filter cap once more and fit with a paper filter. Rinse to remove any paper taste.
- Reattach the filter cap and position a sturdy cup/vessel upside down on top of the AeroPress. Holding both together, carefully turn upside down (the right way up) onto a firm surface.
- Slowly press the brew into your cup/vessel. Serve over ice, with or without your choice of milk.